Friday, June 03, 2005

 

High Fidelity

So I just met Desi at HiFi for the first time. Like, not mine, but he'd never been there before. He was all, is it gonna be really crowded and annoying? And I was like, no, it's like seven p.m., of course not. So we got there and it was really crowded and annoying, and as we sat and talked I felt so fortunate to have him as a friend. He's so lively and smart and gay. Every minute you spend with him feels like Christmas, or Channukah complete with an ornate Channukah bush. We just talked about relationships and how it's so easy to blame stuff that's wrong in your life on the people around you, which is sort of evasive bullshit but also sort of not. Like, if you surround yourself with ambitious people, then you inspire each other and it all works out. I don't know. My parents have been riding my ass lately. They keep trying to hook me up with these fancy jobs at fancy dinner parties and it all just feels so gross. As it stands now, having to admit that their daughter is a marginally employed bartender-slash-freelance writer is one minor step above saying that their kid has like a part-time unpaid internship with the NYC Sanitation Department.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?