Sunday, September 18, 2005
Brunch
What is it, exactly, that makes devouring pancakes and eggs with a rancid hangover so inexplicably delightful? I just came from brunch with Jason and Nicole. The service was terrible, my omelet was nauseating and my coffee tasted like warm piss. The three of us had nothing to say to each other. We sat, slumped over, shoveled mediocre food into our mouths, and then left. I loved every second of it.
Prior to brunch, I spent an hour and forty-five minutes on the phone with the Time Warner people, trying to get my internet to work. The computer guy was totally like Jimmy Fallon on that SNL skit where he plays that asshole computer technician. He made serious fun of me for not having the right earthlink setting and proxy hook-up. After arguing with him on the phone for close to an hour, he starts laughing and says, all smug, "Whoa. Wow. Hold on. Wait a minute. Are you trying to tell me that you don't have your http setting at 8080? Lemme guess--your browser isn't connected to your D:drive. Hello!!"
I was like, "Could you be any more of a loser?"
On another note, I can't stand my job. Really, I don't know how much more I can take. For a while, I took pride in the fact that I work minimal hours and make a considerable amount of money, and only now am I realizing how pathetic that is. It's disheartening to work hard, but not towards something significant. Like a dream, for instance. As nice as it is to have a bevy of tales about all of the crazy, perverted characters who come into the bar, it's getting to a point where it's just not worth it. It's not funny. And I hardly drink socially any more because I've grown to detest alcohol and the people who consume it. Namely, me.
Prior to brunch, I spent an hour and forty-five minutes on the phone with the Time Warner people, trying to get my internet to work. The computer guy was totally like Jimmy Fallon on that SNL skit where he plays that asshole computer technician. He made serious fun of me for not having the right earthlink setting and proxy hook-up. After arguing with him on the phone for close to an hour, he starts laughing and says, all smug, "Whoa. Wow. Hold on. Wait a minute. Are you trying to tell me that you don't have your http setting at 8080? Lemme guess--your browser isn't connected to your D:drive. Hello!!"
I was like, "Could you be any more of a loser?"
On another note, I can't stand my job. Really, I don't know how much more I can take. For a while, I took pride in the fact that I work minimal hours and make a considerable amount of money, and only now am I realizing how pathetic that is. It's disheartening to work hard, but not towards something significant. Like a dream, for instance. As nice as it is to have a bevy of tales about all of the crazy, perverted characters who come into the bar, it's getting to a point where it's just not worth it. It's not funny. And I hardly drink socially any more because I've grown to detest alcohol and the people who consume it. Namely, me.
