Wednesday, October 05, 2005
I believe she can fly
Yesterday I kicked off the day by stumbling into the hall outside our door at ten am and blowing up 28 balloons (one for good luck)in honor of Annie's 27th birthday. I was supposed to get up earlier to take care of business, but I forgot to set my alarm, which resulted in an entirely awkward scenario with Annie wide awake, wondering why I was gasping and heaving in the hallway outside our front door for twenty minutes. Then I made her close her eyes as I clumsily deposited all of the balloons on the floor of our tiny apartment. I was like, "Okay: open them!" and for some reason, all of the balloons had instantaneously migrated into our microscopic kitchen. So she eagerly opened her eyes only to find a strange little cluster of balloons on the kitchen floor. It was thoroughly anti-climactic. Then we went to brunch at the Pink Pony, where we went on our first date ever. I gave her a Gameboy Advance and a bunch of video games to go with it and the waitress looked at us as if we were mildly retarded teenagers. Then we hung out at home for a while, contemplating doing a bunch of stuff that we ended up not doing. Finally it was time to eat again, so we moseyed on over to Pere Pinarde, possible the best restaurant on the Lower East side, where we ate the best food that's ever been eaten in the history of the world. I surprised Annie with a ticket to Vegas for the same weekend her mom's gonna be there with her boyfriend, and when she excitedly called her to share the good news, her mother sounded far from enthused.
We ended the night at Snapshot, which has moved to Bar 13 and was a ton of fun. I spent about an hour talking to this butchy little woodworking teacher. It must be fun teaching woodworking. I don't really know what woodworking is, but it sounds like a good time.
We ended the night at Snapshot, which has moved to Bar 13 and was a ton of fun. I spent about an hour talking to this butchy little woodworking teacher. It must be fun teaching woodworking. I don't really know what woodworking is, but it sounds like a good time.
